(worth 20 points)
- Browse through recent posts on our course website.
- “Content strategists: What do they do?” http://contentini.com/content-strategists-what-do-they-do/
- “How Content Strategy and Content Marketing Are Separate But Connected” http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/2013/10/content-strategy-content-marketing-separate-connected/
- “Why Interactive Content Marketing Is the Future” http://www.convinceandconvert.com/content-marketing/interactive-content-marketing/
- “Don’t Create Your Content Strategy Until You Research These 6 Things” http://www.copyblogger.com/content-strategy-research/
- “The Qualitative Content Audit” http://www.content-insight.com/resources/content-inventory-and-audit-articles/qualitative-content-audit/
- Make a substantive comment on a recent post on the course website. Try to say something meaningful about the information there to the rest of the class. You are also encouraged to respond to any other comments you find on that post. Alternately: post something you think might be interesting to the rest of the class, such as a news article or local announcement.
- “Content strategists: What do they do?”: what is a content strategist? What kinds of information do they deal with and what is the purpose of their writing? What kinds of skill sets are essential for being an effective content strategist?
- “How Content Strategy and Content Marketing Are Separate But Connected”: What is content marketing? How does it connect with content strategy? How is it different from content strategy?
- “Why Interactive Content Marketing Is the Future”: What is interactive content marketing? What distinguishes interactive content marketing, according to this author? What does interactive content marketing seek to do to an audience?
- “Don’t Create Your Content Strategy Until You Research These 6 Things”: Why is research essential to an effective content strategy? What does researching your target market enable you to do when creating a content strategy? What are the risks associated with not doing research before creating a content strategy?
- “The Qualitative Content Audit”: what is a content audit and why would you perform one for an organization? What would the audit do for the organization?
- Post all your writing (including a link to the post you posted or commented on via the course website) to the Blackboard assignment for Homework #3 (Content>Assignments>Module 2 Assignments).
back to the Module 2 schedule page