After doing this assignment, you should be able to:
- Prepare a finished draft of a research proposal
These will include:
- A working and recently-updated Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari are recommended)
- A reliable email client (Outlook, Apple’s Mail, or Gmail are recommended)
What I hope you have been introduced to in this class is many of the standards, conventions, and best practices amongst many common situations, purposes, workflows of research. There are a lot of ways to do research, and each one takes years to master.
For your final project in this class, you will be producing a final draft of your research proposal from Module 5 that takes into account my feedback and the feedback of your peers.
Deliverables You Must Produce for this Project
The following must be posted to Canvas by midnight on Friday, 12/8/21:
- Cover Letter, which should answer the following questions a) what have you learned about the processes of conducting a sound research study in this class? c) what have these processes taught you about your future roles as a technical and professional communicator?
- A copy of your final Research Proposal
The primary audience for your project is your instructor, who will evaluate it based on the conventions you articulate for it, but the real, live audience for the genre you are creating is an important audience to consider as well.
To Complete This Project (Suggested Workflow)
1) Don’t forget to follow the best practices you have encountered and researched throughout this class.
2) 12/8/21 by midnight, ET >>
Post your final project and all required materials to Canvas
Can be found here: grading criteria for final project